Thursday, February 13, 2014

Thursday, Bloody Thursday

Somehow, hump day totally passed me up and I almost didn't make it through Wednesday. But a co worker reminded me of the best medicine on the internet, Youtube.





That's what I needed.

If you made it through yesterday's grammar and spelling mash up I call yesterday's post, you may recall there's plenty of hustlin to be had on the internet.


The Bonafide Hustler and many like him are hawking the yard sale finds that we wish were down the street from us. What the B Hustler is pointing out is that goldpans and plenty of other rc goods are still worth money in the internet age. B Hustler may just be the next wave of frontiersmen, set forth to strike it rich, one yard sale at a time.



Gold pans still cashin in


Unfortunatly, some people just don't appreciate vintage rc cars. And this is probably how they end up in garage sales and sometimes in the basements of hustlers. A Goldpan might be the most baller shit out there to some, but the true beauty is in the eye of the fanboy.







Getting around the track fast is a major "goal" I have with rc cars, but that doesn't distract me from the simple fun of making things go. In fact, going faster usually leads to me breaking and not going anywhere for a while.

Jang, my self confessed rc guru has brought many unusual cars, helis and even legos to my attention. But beyound his rc reviews and lego builds, are some fascinating custom lego creations. It is the heart of problem solving and making something work. A world far from as well as, oh so close to roll centers, tire shore and c ratings. Here is one refreshing example of engineering that caught my eye:



I don't see myself getting into legos, at least, not until my kid is old enough not to eat them. Jang's and other tinkerer's abilities to "turn off the lap timer" and just learn, explore and experiment for a while may be some great advise that I sometimes forget.

But all that imagination is great for cross training back to real lief



Thanks for reading
-Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment