Wednesday, February 19, 2014

DIY Field of Dreams

The 2014 Dirt Nitro Challenge track has been unveiled.



Associated is bringing the recently French smoked prototype RC8 to battle in the hands of the Ryans.

Also, the full 2014 Montpellier GP is available on the youtubes.



Maybe it's the motocross type jumps or maybe it's the size and brutality of the track rutting, but dang, watching 1/8 scale offroad is rad.

It's hard to not be impressed by the production of a big event. Whether it's the attendance like we saw at Motorama, or the man hours that go into the maintenance to keep tracks professionally maintained like Chico this past worlds, the end justify the means.

Here's a clip of JoeyChristiensen building Chico for this past worlds:




I defiantly gotta hand it to the folks who provide, build and invite racers to participate. Each track ends up with it's own personality. Each owner get's their Kevin Costner track.




As proud as I am of keeping the lawn mowed and the leaves raked, I can't help but wonder if I could step it up in my backyard with a "track" of sorts.

Keeping it blue groove would be out of the question, so it may be a little time capsul of early 90's style loom, with a tad more air thrown in.





With all the parts available for RC10's these days, maybe even make it vintage specific? Silver can only?

Or I could take Kevin Burnett's lead and go big:





Damn! that rules. Little did Keven's wife know that rc car gift would turn into the nitro races keeping her from sleeping.

I'd love to go big. But, Let's face it, I might throw two rocks on the lawn for figure eights.

I'll keep dreaming of what I could do with 50x40 of flat lawn, but I tend to go off course if I wait to long. Then things get way out of hand.


Have a great hump day!

-Tommy










No comments:

Post a Comment