Thursday, February 20, 2014

#REALTALK

One thing I try and use RC for is to escape reality. I dive deep into the forums for the latest hack, tip and mod. Then crawl back out totally defeated after battling the nuances of metric vs standard and emulsion vs bladder. Battles I enjoy and try learn as much as I can while taking and giving keyboard punches.

This blog is mearly my way of regurgitating some of what I've over eaten while staring at a computer.

I did overstep my spamming on the forums and got modded pretty hard. Which is okay, because there are plenty of other outlets to wave my arms and yell "hey, look at my blog!"

One great alternative to the forum spamming is to tweet on twitter. So I'm on it.

Chirp. Chirp.




At the heart of any hobby is an opportunity to do something that does not matter in the big scheme of things, just a few hours with nothing but the track, the competition and my lack of skills to have some leisure time.

But every once in a while, at the time I most need t just sit down and rebuild my diff, point the tv antenna in the right direction and inevitably, real life creeps in.

And by real, I really just mean the Olympics. And by creep in, I mean my bunny rabbit ears pick them up without too much static.





Damn that looked hard.




And that was just silly.





Real world. Real problems.

It turns out the pastimes I enjoy the most like rc, skateboards and free speech are not things that will be tainted by the Olympics anytime soon.





Antennas are bliss. Not knowing what I'm missing on cable is cool with me. I assume cable is like youtube, but costs money and you have to wait for shows to be on.


At youtube, LiveRC is my ESPN, Scotty Ernst is my Madden and Tebo is my Tammy Faye. I'm the simple believer.

With real world creeping in, I've got to block it out with some sensible 1:1 car. That's when Chris Harris and drive come in.





Best black car ever?

Great to see Mclaren going green and taking on the Prius.

Speaking of green, here is a video of 1/8 Ebuggy battles from the 2013 Dirt Nitro Challenge at the Fear Farm in Pheonix




Awesome racing. The best part is that VRCPRO just released the layout for all weather racers like me





Currently VRC-Pro only offers nitro 1/8 buggies. Maybe someday us gamers can practice with the ebuggies.

Or better yet, maybe hybrid systems can work their way into the nitro cars for longer run times??

A dude can dream.

Have a great Thursday!
-Tommy




No comments:

Post a Comment