Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Last Chance Tuesday

You made it through Monday. All caught up at work and now today's the tough one. Yup, Tuesday.

Tuesday is the absolute LAST chance you have to shipping that "lightly used" rc8 you sold Friday after work on RCTech.net. Get it out today, before the buyer calls B.S. on your claim of "ready to ship" and the mods start asking questions.

With The Dirt Nitro Challenge coming up, my mind is all about 1/8 offroad.

Plenty of news to keep your eyes on. Yesterday, Neobuggy.net published their thoughts on the prototype RC8.  Other than noting the designer, Josh Alton, I skimmed over the words in the article to get to good stuff:  The pics.


RC8 proto: All thriller, no filler.

There were many fantastic battles to watch the last few years in eigth scale offroad. With plenty of youtube videos of the action, all I had to do was pick a color of anodizing and cheer my brains out for it as it goes 25+ feet in the air.

Here's a race that had me at the edge of my seat.






Sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Although I don't see myself getting involved in the 1/8 offroad category anytime soon, I do love some Monday morning transmitting and yelling "Marshal!!!!!" in the office.

The Montpellier GP was this past weekend and Neobuggy had their cameras everywhere. Tons of tips in this interview with Bloomfield:



My vote for the cutest logoed company ever goes to Team Azarashi. 

Hello Kitty RC


They just released a limited edition body for the Kyosho RB6 called the Pholc. Which is a none cab forward body. Super cool to see the options. On a side note, I was really hoping Pholc is pronounced "Folk" because I'm immature and want to make a folk rock crawler joke. Like this:


Pholc Rock Crawler



Since I had plenty of time after work yesterday to peruse my local listings for that next no-strings craigslist thrill. And by no strings attached, I mean remote controlled.

And although, I don't normally put my life on the line, one ad in particular scared this freshly minted husband, the WidowMaker:


rc boat widowmaker - $250




I have a sweet rc Electric Boat. with a brushless motor Traxxas VXL 3 esc with Spektrum receiver all you need to do is sink to your remote its 22 inch long with a single water pick up. Any questions txt call or email xxx xxx xxxx


At first I thought this was merely a misplaced ad for a nautical hit man service, or "boat widow maker." 

So I threw it through the Gizoogle.net and the ad became crystal clear:

I gots a thugged-out dope rc Electric Boat. wit a funky-ass brushless motor Traxxas VXL 3 esc wit Spektrum receiver all you need ta do is sink ta yo' remote its 22 inch long wit a single gin n juice pick up fo' realz. Any thangs txt call or email xxx xxx xxxx


Well, then! You're damn right I'm ready to put it $250(or 80 bux and a well loved Ipod) on the line for this sweet  remote controlled  electric boat!  Though I'm not prepared to sink my remote in anything. Also, I have no idea why it has taken a husband from this earth, but who cares? That matte black 22 inches of killer is clearly a weapon of choice out on the high seas.

The original owner probably purchased it originally to one up his friend trying to sell the RC Surfer, perhaps the widow was the rc surfer's wife? Only the craiglist historians know for sure.

It can also be assumed that the previous owner of this sweet boat was most likely Dee Snider of Twisted Sister fame, before this offspring:






I seem to really gravitate to rc water sport lately. Maybe it's this winter weather, maybe it's my need to smell the ocean breeze again. 

Especially since breathing gas exaust isnt the only thing potentially damgerous when it comes to indoor motorsport:






Roll this dice, pay the price. 


Happy sailing, rocking and karting. This land lover is gonna stay in the pits, sidelines or on the driver's stand.

-Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment